Gravity WoW
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gravity WoW

A new level of Gaming

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

GM Application/Rules

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
AlternaTiVe
Senior
Senior
AlternaTiVe

GM Application/Rules Empty
PostSubject: GM Application/Rules   GM Application/Rules I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 26, 2010 11:54 am

Sup,I Have some suggestions for GMs Rules and Application Format
Rules
Quote :

1. Always make sure that you are in invisible mode when in public player areas. GM's hold a level or Respect. Its upheld by being Mystical and only seen very rarely. Although being Invisible is not 100% required - you WILL find that you wont want to be seen all that much due to the amount of attention you will get - and believe me, it's not always good attention. Therefore, sometimes whilst the tickets are quiet, I am happy for you to remove Invisible and chat with players to build a rapor. Being Uninvis'd all the time is not allowed. You must at all times keep your GM Tag on. If your GM Tag is off, you will not be recorded as a Game Master and thus the stats page and Realm Monitor will not record you're online as a Game Master.

2. Do not answer any requests for help that is put out in a chat channel. Inform all players that do so to open a ticket and they will be serviced on a first come first serve basis. Answering Ticket-Based questions in WORLD or other channels will provoke others to do so - which makes the Ticket System useless. The ticket system is designed to keep order in who gets help first, on a who opened their ticket first basis.

3. Unless you are playing on a normal character and are not currently "on-duty" - you must at all times have your <GM> tag showing and active using the ".gm on" command.

4. Bans. Character Bans and Account/I.P Bans must be confirmed with either the Lead GM or a member of the Admin Team. IF one or the other is online. This is to prevent false bans from new GM's. If none of the said parties are online - and you believe the player REALLY deserves the ban, then do ".ban char NAME Banned until heirarch confirmation." - Outright account bans without confirmation from a previously mentioned staff member who is online is NOT a good move.

5. Do not add anything or take anything out of the world with out the consent of a Admin. Although this isnt a major thing, such as taking away an Anvil, or a Sign - this must not be done. This includes NPC's and Objects.

6. Always be respectful to players. DO NOT ARGUE WTH THEM/NO GRUDGES. That's why we have a ban and kick option. Use it and make sure you put a reason. If a player asks why a GM does anything, don't answer it is none of their business. To be respected as a GM, you must show a certain level of friendly behaviour to them. Act like a machine, and they will treat you like one. Treating the players with anything less than a decent amount of respect, will drive players away from the server. A good rapor between yourself and the community you're taking care of is key element to being a successful GM.

7. Reporting your team members. If you feel that, or witness a fellow GM, breaking the rules set for Players &/or GM's - you must report it to a member of the Admins, Lead GM whichever is online at the time immediately. You will not gain credit, or be treat any differently for reporting another GM's misbehaviour. This is to ensure our team is flawless - communication and abled GM's is paramount to help the players accordingly.

8. Helping players with normal game play is not allowed. The idea is that they play the game, and you solve their problems. this involves ANY type of in-game help that is not subject to use of a GM Command or actually reported problem. Such as .die-ing even a mob for them - this is not allowed. You are to remain OUT of typical play for a Player for a reason. Players are here to play the game, not come here and get an easy ride from Gamemasters or any other Staff Member. If you are caught doing this, you will be considered as disrupting the course of regular gameplay and directly disobeying a rule.

9. You must ABSOLUTELY under NO circumstances add ANY items to ANY Players. Absolutely no adding of spells not specific to that class, or removing any spells from players (If a player is missing a class spell, feel free to add it for them). ANY behaviour of that sort will get your Gamemaster Account locked and you will return as a regular player. In addition - all players that had items 'illegally' added to their inventory will suffer a character nuke and complete reset. DO NOT allow that to happen, no matter how much you are begged and asked. Tell the player; If I do that, I lose my GM Status and you get nuked! - They'll soon stop asking.

10. You must not, under any circumstances modify a player. Speed, Fly, God, Etc, name changes, sex changes or even faction changes are a no-no. Tampering with the players characters in any way is now bannable. You will lose your GM Status and no longer be welcome on this server. In addition, any player who has had cheats activated on them, will be nuked and reset back to how they started.

11. You must not grant talent points to players, as a reward for an event, or by request. If a character requests a reset through a trainer not working, by all means ".char resettalents". Modding talent points will get your GM Status removed, in addition - the character who recieved the modification will be nuked and reset.

12. Under NO circumstances do you, summon them to the donormall or the GMisland, because these places hold a advantage over players and players shouldn't get this advantage.

13. Abusing GM Commands, such as .die - on players, for whatever reason - is not permitted. Even if you hate that player. You're no longer in a position to hold grudges at a player who made your game time miserable - if you're reported for this, the logs will be checked and if proven guilty - you will be removed from GM Status.

14. The deleting of ANY game objects or NPC's that you DID NOT spawn, do not do it. Period. If a random boss is spawned in guru and left there, by all means - delete it. Absolutely no other circumstances count as a valid action bypassing this rule.

15. You are not above the rules set for regular players. As a GM, you are expected to know them more, and follow them harder. I consider a GM who breaks these rules - unworthy of your position and twice as ignorant or stupid. Your GM Status will be removed, and you will no longer be welcome on the server, should you believe you are above them, or fail to follow them.

16. Dire Maul, other areas and your actions to Players:: As previously reported - staff are around the players too much, and are casting a lot of spells on players. Particularly today, receiving the message from a Supporter - it is of up most importance that Staff remain invisible with their GM Tag on at ALL times. You must NOT cast spells on players, at all - period.

17. Spells that are not available to players. Quite simply - Absolutely no spells that are not available to regular players should be active or in your spell book on your GM Characters. If you do not see admin, it means it is untested and probably unstable. Not only does your aura stacking crap look stupid and childish, but you're will be using spells that are potentially able to crash the server. Testing that subtlety to your rule breaking a second time will result in your position being revoked.

18. Do NOT, under ANY circumstances, using the unban functions unless an accidental ban, or too long of one has been in place. I'm tired of staff unbanning people that were banned rightfully by another staff member and listening to the complaints about it. Doing this will cost you your position and you will be replaced with ease.

19.If you recieve a ticket about a donation, redirect them to Subwai, don't ever do a Donation if it isn't confirmed.

20. Trial GameMasters are not allowed to go on player accounts to prevent any time taken away from the 1week.

21. No revealing yourself around public at ANY time.

22. Don't do anything stupid as we check logs daily.
Guidlines
Quote :

1. Always remember that most bugs aren't quick fixes. Most are database related or Server core related. These can only hopefully be resolved with a core and DB update. If a player freaks out about a bug (or several) - advise them to make a report in the bug section of the forums dependant on the realm the bug is active on. You are not a developer and cannot fix them.

2. Report all bugs found to the bugs forum. If a player reports a bug to you in a ticket - advise the player that if they want the bug fixing, to make a detailed report on the forums in the correct forum. If this bug has already been addressed, advise it's on the list of things to fix.

3. Always encourage our players to vote for us every 12 hours. Its our only type of advertisement. And do so yourself. Players are what drive the server and without them; there are no donations, without donations there is no server.

4. Players on this server have no right to be here. Hence why its called a "Private Server" - they are granted a privilege to play by the owners of the server. They are to follow the rules on the server at all times. It is your job to enforce them rules aswell as knowing and following them yourself. The rules are not there to make things unpleasant for people - they're there to uphold some level of control over the community. The minute you lift rules, mayhem shall take place.

5. Staff should stick to their positions at all times. This means Gamemasters dealing with ALL aspects of the players, Developers dealing with ALL aspects of the DB/Core, It's imperative that the staff do not step on each others toes, and only cover their own Field. Team integrity is of high importance - each of us should be sticking to our OWN positions and not leaking out onto other people 'territory'

Application Format

Quote :

Name:

How many languages can you speak? If so please specify.

Do you have experience as a GM? Please specify

Why should we hire you?

Do you have any experience with Trinity2 core? Please specify

Do you know the commands Trinity2 supplies?

What can you bring to GravityWoW?

What is your availability?

Contact information:

Brief description of myself:

The following questions will be based around common sense and how competent you are at following certain rules. You should be able to comfortably answer each of these question if you have read and understood the Game Master rules.

[A player gives you some attitude, it’s nothing spectacular – but attitude none the less, how do you react?]:

[A player has seriously insulted you, how do you react?]:

[A player has seriously insulted another member of staff, what do you do?]:

[You have discovered a player who is either abusing a specifically annoying bug granting himself/herself significant advantages over other players, how do you confront that player and what do you say?]:

[A player, or group of players, are constantly pestering you for an item, spell or modification in some form to their character(s). What do you say?]:

[As a GM, around players at the shops (For example) – can you think of two commands you should have active at all times?]:

[Hack, cheat, moderation or character configuration tools are strictly not acceptable on this server. Strictly – not – acceptable. You have detected, caught or been alerted of a player using these types of tools – what do you do?]:

[Checking the /who list regularly is the most effective way of catching a Hack Tool user. 100 players are online, you see 1 player on his/her own in a zone – what do you do?]:

[Finally; All Commands executed in-game are time stamped, shown by account, character and I.P Address that they were executed from. You have accidentally activated the Fly cheat on another player, not realising when you typed the command, you had that player targeted. What do you do?]:

All Application's that are submitted will be locked to avoid any spam and unwanted posts, as the Application will only be decided by the Head GM + Admin, if so accepted we will PM you.

Note: Must have - Skype, Ventrilo and a microphone.

Thanks
-Alternative
Back to top Go down
Djeah
Senior
Senior
Djeah

PostSubject: Re: GM Application/Rules   GM Application/Rules I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 26, 2010 1:14 pm

Some rules and some questions in the GM application are unnecessary but it's quite good.

Back to top Go down
AlternaTiVe
Senior
Senior
AlternaTiVe

PostSubject: Re: GM Application/Rules   GM Application/Rules I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 26, 2010 1:15 pm

It's cause You gotta take time on you making it,And we need Proffesional Staff,Don't we? Razz
Back to top Go down
Djeah
Senior
Senior
Djeah

PostSubject: Re: GM Application/Rules   GM Application/Rules I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 26, 2010 1:21 pm

Wait what ? Ah w/e :p
Back to top Go down
AlternaTiVe
Senior
Senior
AlternaTiVe

PostSubject: Re: GM Application/Rules   GM Application/Rules I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 26, 2010 1:22 pm

Ehmm....Forgot what I was going to say w/e...
Back to top Go down
Djeah
Senior
Senior
Djeah

PostSubject: Re: GM Application/Rules   GM Application/Rules I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 26, 2010 1:31 pm

I dun get it .__. ?
Back to top Go down
AlternaTiVe
Senior
Senior
AlternaTiVe

PostSubject: Re: GM Application/Rules   GM Application/Rules I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 26, 2010 1:31 pm

I Was Serious,I Don't Remember >_>
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GM Application/Rules   GM Application/Rules I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

GM Application/Rules
Page 1 of 1